Merlion Paediatric Therapy Clinic is committed to making our website as accessible as possible to everyone, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments. We have begun the process towards improving the accessibility of our website to ensure we provide equal access to all of our users.
As part of our commitment to accessibility, we make sure that our website is compatible with:
- Recent versions of popular screen readers
- Operating system screen magnifiers
- Speech recognition software
- Operating speech packages
We have endeavoured to follow international best practices and principles of universal design, such as:
- Retaining the ability to adjust the font size
- Providing keyboard accessible navigation
- Providing skip to content links at the top of the page
- Exposing information to the accessibility API through the use of ARIA attributes
- Maintaining colour-contrast ratios for text
We also monitor the accessibility of the website every six months through third-party software. There may be links to external websites for which we cannot guarantee are accessible.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 AA
Wherever possible, Merlion Paediatric Therapy will adhere to level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. These guidelines outline four main principles to ensure that sites are:
- Perceivable – Information and user interface components must be presentable to users in ways they can perceive
- Operable – User interface components and navigation must be operable
- Understandable – Information and the operation of user interface must be understandable
- Robust – Content must be robust enough that it can be interpreted reliably by a wide variety of user agents, including assistive technologies
If you would like to contact us to request accessibility-related assistance, report any accessibility problems, or request any information in accessible alternative formats, please use one of the methods on our Contact Us page.